A recent warning issued to veterinarians from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regarding the safety and business ethics of online pharmacies has influenced our hospital policy. YOUR PET’S HEALTH IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. Because the FDA warns medications sold over the internet may be repackaged, counterfeit, and improperly stored, you may be purchasing a reduced or altered form of the medication; which is why medications sold through online pharmacies are NOT GUARANTEED by their manufacturers.
Medications, products, & prescription foods purchased from the DPC Veterinary Hospital offer several advantages:
- An assured correct dosage.
- Cost efficiency. Often times our in-house or online prices match or beat other, unreliable online sellers.
- Safety and efficacy guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- What you see is what you get - you don't have to worry about being duped into buying somethig that is not what it's label claims it to be.
- Side effects of the medication can be dealt with promptly by our facility.
- CONVENIENCE! DPC Veterinary Hospital will deliver manufacturer guaranteed medicines directly to your door if you live too far to stop in and pick them up. Simply go to our website or straight to our online pharmacy (links are in the sidebar of our blog.) & they will be shipped to you for a small fee! Remember though; call our office and ask about any promotions on things like flea & tick prevention before ordering online - sometimes it's worth the car ride to come get them in purpose!
- Cost-effective variable purchasing amounts (single doses are available from us, not from Online Pharmacies..)
If you have any questions regarding medications or their pricing, don't hesitate to call the office or visit our online store! :)
Written & Posted by Jessica R; Resources via Google